This is a step-by-step guide for setting up a Facebook event for your Tugg screening.
Step One: Creating Your Event
1. Create an event on Facebook by going to the Events tab on the left hand side of your Facebook.com page.
2. Click +Create Event and enter the name of your film and an event title, for example “Run Free – The True Story of Caballo Blanco – August 10th, 2015 – CineArts Marin”, with details about the event, the time, date, and location. Note: Make sure a link to your Tugg Event Page is a visible, prominent part of your Facebook event details.
Step Two: Promoting Your Facebook Event
1. Invite friends! The more friends you invite to your Facebook Event, the more likely you are to meet your threshold. Reaching out to every Facebook Friend in your community will offer exposure and increase ticket sales.
2. Post the Facebook Event on your Timeline and ask your to friends and family to share the event with their friends as well. Make sure that when you post on your Timeline that you let everyone invited know how many days you have left to meet your threshold.
3. Make sure everyone who has joined your event is aware that they need to pre-purchase a ticket on your Tugg Event Page in order to gain entry to your screening. Share this information on your Event’s wall and by sending personal messages to anyone who is listed as “Going” or “Maybe.”
4. As you get closer to the big day, post updates on your Event’s Wall and encourage your friends to spread the word. Add pictures, trailers, and clips from the film to promote last minute ticket sales and get your audience excited. For a list of example posts, visit our Social Media Outreach Guide.